3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Sacramento, CA
Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” If you’re like me, springtime inspires you to open your windows and scrub everything down to get your house looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Sacramento so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is the perfect time to ensure all of your home’s systems are ready for the summer. Homeowners in Sacramento should inspect these things every spring:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to check that it’s ready for summer. Replace your furnace and air conditioning filters so that your HVAC system is energy efficient. Some HVAC companies will do this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your loved ones safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Put new batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors and windows as well as kitchen and bathroom fixtures for holes or cracks. Replace the caulking if needed. Add window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to enhance the energy efficiency of your windows. Open up each window to make sure that they can move freely.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
If you want to see your house really sparkle, give it a deep clean. Begin by decluttering each room to open up the space. Next, clean anything you don’t scrub weekly such as kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Wipe your bathroom and kitchen fixtures to give them a shine. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it as well.
Bring in more natural light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your screens and windows to get rid of smudges and dust. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’ve cleaned your house, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate your rooms is to find new ways to use things you already have. You can give your room a whole new feel by rearranging the furniture. You can also shop your home, which means switching out the items you already have between rooms. Add more color to your rooms with new paint, colorful accent pillows, and live plants.
If you want to give your room a new style, then check out our idea gallery for inspiration. It’s packed with photos of different styles of rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve decided on colors and the style for your room, you can bring in coordinating furniture, artwork, and accessories.
An easy update for your rooms is to add window treatments that complement yourcurrent furnishings and enhance your rooms. You can select from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters as well as blinds and shades.
Find More Design Tips
Take a look at our design tips for even more ways to enhance your home. And when you see a look and window treatment that you like, call us at 916-665-0078 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our team of professionals will guide you in picking the right window treatment to give your room a beautiful, fresh look this spring.